We hold to the following basis of faith. For a fuller statement of our belief, please read our confession of faith.
- The inerrancy of the Holy Scriptures as originally given, their verbal inspiration by God and their supreme authority as the only rule of faith and practice.
- The trinity of the Godhead: Father, Son and Holy Spirit, Who are the same in substance, equal in power and glory.
- The essential, absolute and eternal Deity of the Lord Jesus Christ; His conception by the Holy Ghost; His birth of the virgin Mary; His real but sinless humanity; His voluntary humiliation in life as a Man of Sorrows culminating in His substitutionary and atoning death as a sacrifice for sin; His resurrection from the dead on the third day in that very body that had lain in the tomb; His ascension into heaven as the only and eternal Mediator between God and Man and His coming again in power and glory.
- The Personality and Deity of the Holy Spirit through Whom the soul is born again to saving repentance and faith and by Whom the saints are sanctified through the truth.
- Man’s utter ruin through the fall and his salvation solely by grace through faith in Jesus Christ, whose righteousness imputed to him is the only ground of acceptance before God.
- The resurrection of the body, the judgment of the world by our Lord Jesus Christ, the everlasting blessedness of the saved and the everlasting punishment of the lost.
- The spiritual unity of all who truly believe in the Lord Jesus Christ and their duty to maintain in themselves and in the Church a standard of life and doctrine that is in conformity with the teaching of God’s Holy Word.